R and D - Development Test Engineer
The Development Test Engineer is responsible for the test and debug of our range of data storage solutions. In addition to this the individual will be expected to develop his/her skills and therefore take on more complex and challenging tasks within Enterprise Data Storage Solutions. In most cases this will be supported with training that is held both locally and in the US or UK.
The ideal candidate would have a strong basis in Development Testing and would have applied these skills in a QA/Test role on Storage based products.
• Development verification testing on Storage products.
• Testing Products against Linux and XP servers.
• Assist in Test Planning, Requirement analysis to prepare detail Test Cases.
• Executing Tests to a Plan and running Test Scripts.
• Development and execution of automated test cases written using a combination of Perl/C/C++/Bash on Linux.
• Analyzing test results.
• Retesting and Verification of defects.
• Interpreting Functional Specification Documents.
• Using protocol analysers (FC – SAS/ATA).
• Installation and Configuration of Lab Equipment / Test Environment i.e. Network Operating systems such as Windows / Linux.
• Carrying out Sanity checks on new Code Builds before Functional testing.
• Performing Performance and Stress Testing.
• Performing Data Integrity testing.
• Performing Integration and Regression testing.
• Updating Test Result via Web based Task Management system.
• Failure analysis of defective product to root cause with communication to Engineering to identify and ensure corrective action.
• Liaising with Test Lead Engineers / Developers and Project Managers
• First degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar.
• Posses Professional Certifications advantageous.
• Understanding of the product lifecycle and the role that testing plays in that process.
• Desire to focus on testing as a career with strong problem solving abilities.
• Demonstrable good communication skills.
• Must be prepared to travel abroad and work extended hours if and when required.
• Experience with RAID, Fibre Channel and SCSI would be useful but not essential.
• Unix/Linux system administration skills very desirable.
• Practical skills in HTML, XML and scripting languages (Perl) would be an advantage.
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
By submitting your personal information to Xyratex you consent to the use of this information by Xyratex for purposes relating to employment, and to Xyratex holding the data on file for a period of six months from the date of submission. Information you provide may be transferred to Xyratex locations outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your application to Xyratex you consent to these transfers.
Please note: Non-approved agency CVs will not be accepted for this position.