Operations - Product Test Engineer
Product Test Engineer
• To perform product system level functional testing during NPI stage to gain better understanding of system assembly and configuration knowledge to speed up failure analysis and fault isolation.
• To work closely with Product Engineers, Test Engineers, Development Engineers and Technical Project Managers to facilitate the implementation of a robust process for new products. Prompt delivery of quality product for Development and Customer Evaluation purposes will be required, in parallel with the preparation and on-site support of product transfer into volume production within global Xyratex facilities.
• Day to day tasks will include the following:
- Product Yield Reporting and publish Engineering Evaluation Analysis Status Report
- Low Yield Analysis to drive yield improvement down to component level.
- Timely Failure Analysis to minimize bone-pile inventory cost and avoid part obsolescence
- Test System validation, both software and hardware.
- Use of shop floor control and tracking system.
- Communication with engineering and development.
- Participation in Ongoing Test improvement projects.
- Other related tasks to ensure timely delivery of early product shipments.
- Training of engineers/assemblers from Xyratex manufacturing facilities during NPO Gold builds
- Other assignments as required by Xyratex management from time to time
• Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering related discipline or equivalent with 2 years’ experience in similar capacity.
• A good overall knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including microprocessor-based systems is essential. The Engineer should have had some experience working within a test environment and demonstrated debug skills.
• An ideal candidate would also have knowledge or experience in the following:
- Soldering skills (ideally to IPC610).
- PCBA inspection skills (ideally to IPC610)
- PCBA assembly process (including tracking and process control).
- In-circuit test techniques (including boundary scan).
- Conversant in the use of Logic Analysers, oscilloscopes and standard analysis tools
- Data storage solutions e.g. RAID.
- C programming.
- Operating Systems structures (Windows, UNIX and Linux).
- Bus Protocols (SATA, FC, SCSI).
- Disk drive technology.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, organised and flexible individual capable of working within a highly focused team of engineers. They must be capable of communicating concisely both in writing and verbally. Specifically, they should possess, and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to define and follow stringent process procedures.
- Knowledge of embedded PC architecture.
- Conversant in the use Logic Analysers, oscilloscopes and standard analysis tools.
- Ability to debug to component level.
- Construct concise reports.
- A willingness to learn and understand new technologies.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Travel to support product transfer into overseas Xyratex locations.
By submitting your personal information to Xyratex you consent to the use of this information by Xyratex for purposes relating to employment, and to Xyratex holding the data on file for a period of six months from the date of submission. Information you provide may be transferred to Xyratex locations outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your application to Xyratex you consent to these transfers.
Please note: Non-approved agency CVs will not be accepted for this position.