Under direct supervision, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing methods. The M.E. may update tooling, equipment and documentation on the manufacturing line that are required as a result of an EC being released. Job Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
· Develops procedures and processes for assemblies, subassemblies, components and final products including testing.
· Development of assembly guides, procedures, and illustrations.
· Estimates manufacturing costs and time standards.
· Maintains documentation of manufacturing operations.
· Reviewing and approving of Engineering changes
· Ensure SAP routings are correct and set up.
· Define the work center and update workflow for FRU’s and new products.
· Continual process improvement of manufacturing procedures.
· Support quality engineering with manufacturing Stop Ships and alerts.
· Support New Product Introductions.
Non-Essential Duties Functions:
· Support management in the development and implementation of the company’s quality management system and continually improve its effectiveness.
· Know the company’s quality policy and understand your role in carrying it out.
· ISO 9001 and 14001 activities.
· May lead other Engineers within the M.E. team.
· May travel to the UK or USA for cross-training and technical reviews.
· A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
· Prioritize multiple tasks, manage conflicting deadlines, and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
· Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development.
· Advanced level skills working with MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, MS Project.
· Ability to analyze and synthesize data from various sources.
· Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written.
· Proven ability to self-manage schedules and time, plan tactically, thinks strategically.
· Analysis-level analytical skills necessary to assess information and apply judgment in decision making.
· Knowledge of SAP operating systems.
· Bachelor of Engineering degree required.
· Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
· Demonstrate subject matter expertise in process engineering methodologies.
· Working knowledge of electronics manufacturing equipment setup and operation.
· Experience with JIT or Lean manufacturing processes.
· Experience with TQM, 6 sigma and 5S programs.
· Experience in experimental design and execution.
· Experience with statistical tools and techniques for process control applications.
· Ability to operate computer equipment.
· Must be able to squat, bend, or stoop.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
· Lift and/or move up to 10 lbs regularly.
· Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
· Majority of work is completed while sitting at a semi-private workstation.
· Must be mobile to complete some tasks.
· Fluorescent lighting.
· First floor building.
· Multiple-user heater and air conditioning.
· Less than 10%
By submitting your personal information to Xyratex you consent to the use of this information by Xyratex for purposes relating to employment, and to Xyratex holding the data on file for a period of six months from the date of submission. Information you provide may be transferred to Xyratex locations outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your application to Xyratex you consent to these transfers.
Please note: Non-approved agency CVs will not be accepted for this position.